Get Your Next Pair(s) of Squat Shorts w/ This Quick Guide
Here we're going to review the best picks for your next pair of squat shorts. Let's dive right in.
- Equipped w/ NIKE Dri-Fit Tech
- Comfortable & IDEAL for Squats
- Designed for Hard Training
- Mesh Side Panel 4 Ventilation
- Very Soft & Sweat-Resistant
- Stretches Well for Deep Squats
- A Bit On The Shorter Side
- Great Budget Pick Squat Shorts
- Comes w/ Zip Pocket for Phones
Here's Our Top 3 Shorts for Squattin'
NIKE Dry-Fit Shorts
The NIKE Dry-Fit are excellent sweat-resistant & premium build shorts.
Why We Like NIKE Dry-Fit Shorts
The Men's Dry Training Shorts by Nike are also called the Dri-Fit shorts. The shorts are made with sweat management technology that allows the sweat to move from your skin to the shorts. This way, the sweat can evaporate quickly.
They come with a mesh pocket, which makes the short breathable, and a side inset mesh that allows for ventilation. Dri-Fit shorts are lightweight, stretchy, and comfortable. They come in different colors.
UA Men's MK1 Twist
The UA MK1's shorts are the go-to choice for those who sweat a lot.
Should You Buy UA Men's MK1 Twist?
The twist shorts are made from 100% polyester, making them incredibly soft, smooth, and lightweight. They come with a mesh on the side panel that allows for ventilation.
The anti-odor technology embedded in the short prevents the growth of microbes that causes odor. The Under Armour Men’s Mk1 Twist Shorts have an elastic waistband and drawstring that do not allow the short to slide off when running.
G Gradual Men’s Shorts
The G Gradual's Men's Shorts are the go-to for those looking for cheaper shorts for squats.
Why We Recommend G Gradual Men’s Shorts
The G Gradual shorts are produced from lightweight fabric made up of 95% polyester and 5% spandex. The moisture-wicking fabric dries quickly, allows sweat to evaporate rapidly, and keeps one dry when working out.
The G Gradual Men’s 7 Working Running Shorts come with a pocket zipper on both sides, allowing one to store items such as keys, mobile phones, etc.
What Should You Look For in Gym Shorts?
Choosing gym shorts can be a daunting task. There are different things to consider to get value for your money when purchasing gym shorts:
- The Fit: The fit is the first thing to look out for when choosing gym shorts, as it is essential to buy shorts that won’t fall off when working out. If you are purchasing the shorts in a store, you should test the cloth to know if it is your size and if you will be buying in an online store, choose the ones that fit you by choosing from the size chart available..
- Quality: High-quality gym shorts will be durable and won’t easily tear or have frays after a short period.
- Sweat Control: The shorts to look out for should be made out of fabrics that control sweat by moving it from the skin to the garment, allowing it to evaporate quickly.
- Breathability: Choose shorts that allow for strategic ventilation during workout sessions and are breathable.
What Kind of Fabric is Best for Workout Shorts?
There are different materials from which gym shorts can be made, and they include Spandex, Nylon, Polyester, Calico, Cotton, Bamboo fiber, Microfiber, Polypropylene, Wool, etc.
The best fabric for workout shorts is Polyester. This is because it is lightweight, wrinkle-free, durable, non-absorbent, and moisture-wicking. Polyester’s moisture-wicking property makes it a top choice for gym shorts because sweat evaporates efficiently from the fabric, keeping one dry even during an intense workout session.
More so, polyester is breathable and also acts as an insulator in cold weather. It is a synthetic material that can be mixed with other fabrics to produce an enhanced feature.
Polyester is often blended with spandex to make it stretchy. It can also be combined with cotton and spandex to make soft gym shorts that are moisture-wicking and durable.