Collegiate Powerlifter Scholarship Program
The South Florida Athletic Club’s scholarship program aims to support students actively participating in competitive powerlifting with their university.
We launched this program as a way to support a burgeoning powerlifting community that has exploded in growth during the last decade.
We believe that there’s no better way to rapidly expand the interest of a sport than through young people who participate in it.
This website, and this scholarship, are our way of contributing to the continued growth and development of the powerlifting sport.
The Collegiate Powerlifter Scholarship Program by the South Florida Athletic Club is a merit-based award. To be eligible, students must fit the following criteria:
- Legal resident of one of the fifty United States
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be actively participating in powerlifting (either through the a school or in a federation)
- Must be enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the United States.
- Must be actively competing in powerlifting. Either through the school or in a federation.
Our mission is to create a meaningful scholarship that can provide actual financial support to the elected winner.
The Collegiate Powerlifter Scholarship Program is in a unique category as being one of the firsts, and few, awards for strength athletes in the United States.
To enter, students will need to provide the following information:
Submit an essay to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your experiences as powerlifter.
Make sure to include answers to the following questions:
- How did you get started on the sport of powerlifting?
- What attracts you to the competitive and training nature of powerlifting?
- How do you envision your future within the sport of powerlifting?
- What has been your favorite moment in both training and competition?
- Which one of the main lifts is your favorite? Why?
- If you had to change one thing about the sport of powerlifting – what would it be, and why?
The last day for essay submissions will be July 1, 2021.
Winner will be announced July 31, 2021.
The check for the total amount of the scholarship will be sent to the Financial Aid Office of the school of choice to be split equally into the Fall & Spring semester of that school year.
Be sure to include your full name, phone number, and email so that we may reach you if you win.
How long does the essay have to be?
- As long as necessary to adequately answer the prompt.
Where do I send my submission?
How will you notify the winner?
- By phone call, first. By e-mail if the person is not able to be reached.
Based on what criteria will the winner be selected?
- Storytelling ability
- Powerlifting achievements
We look forward to receiving all of your submissions and getting to know the stories of many of the nation’s aspiring competitors.
And we hope that one day, we get to compete on the platform.
To read more from our content, start with some of these posts:
South Florida Athletic Club’s Preferred Posts
- Beginner Powerlifting Program
- ROGUE Stainless Steel Power Bar
- Strength Training for Fat Loss
- 5X5 Workout
- Powerlifting Diet Plan
- How to Improve Your Bench Press
- Strength Training for Beginners
- Powerlifting Training Articles
- Powerlifting Nutrition Articles
- Powerlifting Equipment & Reviews