Which One's Best: Powerblocks or Bowflex?
If you're trying to decide between the two for your home workouts: we have your answer.
Adjustable & Affordable
The best value adjustable dumbbells for home gyms.
What Do We Like About Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells?
Bowflex dumbbells are adjustable weights that come in a flashy round shaped design. They have 15 weight settings and a weight range of 5 to 52.5 pounds. The round weight designs rest on a flat base made of a combination of metal and hard plastic.
At the tips of the metal rod that holds the weights, there are dials for changing the weight range. There is a rubber ergonomic material between the weights for a safe and secured grip while lifting. Bowflex dumbbells are expandable to 41kg.
What’s the Difference Between: Powerblocks and Bowflex?
Powerblocks and Bowflex are the two titans of the adjustable dumbbell industry. Both have been around for over two decades and are known for quality and durable designs. Here are some differences between Powerblocks and Bowflex.
- Design: Powerblocks adjustable dumbbells favor the brand's standard rectangular designs with only slight variations in some models. Bowflex adjustable dumbbells are slightly less rugged-looking with their disc-shaped weights.
- Adjustment System: Powerblocks use a magnetized pin for adjustments. All you have to do is fix the pin underneath the weights you want to separate them from the rest of the weights.
The adjustment system in Bowflex dumbbells is also straightforward but different from that of Powerblocks. In Bowflex dumbbells, you only have to move the dials on both tips of the anchor.
Doing this will separate the selected weights from the rest of the weights. The rest of the weights will rest on the base while the selected ones stay on the anchor.
What’s the Difference Between: Total Gym And Bowflex?
Moving on from adjustable dumbbells, Bowflex also produces home gym gadgets like Total Gym. The two brands have similar home gym gadgets, but there are a few differences between the brands.
- Space: Bowflex home gyms are not foldable and take up more space, unlike Total Gym models that you can easily fold and store for later use.
- Ease of Use and Adaptability: Bowflex machines are closer in design and operation to standard gym equipment. So, regular gym-goers find it easier to use products of the brand. For some, Total Gym models take time to adjust to.
- Accessories: Total Gym models often require users to purchase more accessories when compared to Bowflex models. The latter manufacturer designs home gyms that are more all-encompassing than the former.
Best Value Dumbbells
An excellent pair of value-priced adjustable dumbbells.
What’s Unique About The Powerblocks?
Powerblocks are adjustable dumbbells that feature varying sizes of weights in one compact body. They come in pairs of rectangle-shaped dumbbells with weights ranging from 5 to 50 pounds. Some Powerblocks Pro series are expandable up to 175 pounds and have 16 weight settings. The rectangle metal weights look rugged and durable.
They also come with a magnetized selector pin for easy weight adjustment. Powerblocks use 2.5 pounds increment up to the first twenty-five pounds then 5 pounds increment for the rest.
Are Powerblocks Sold in Pairs?
Yes. Powerblock dumbbells come in pairs. So far, the brand has released five series with different models under each series. The series are the Classic (Elite) series, the sport series, the Pro series, the Urethane series, and the Powerblock series. All the models come in pairs.